Philadelphia Federal Crime Attorney
Philadelphia attorney Hope Lefeber is an aggressive criminal defense lawyer who brings more than three decades of experience in federal criminal defense matters to work in vigorously defending her clients against the government. Ms. Lefeber has a national reputation as one of the top federal criminal defense lawyers. She has been consistently honored as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association, and as one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Pennsylvania by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Ms. Lefeber represent clients accused of most federal offenses, including white collar crimes, such as mail and wire fraud, health care fraud, securities fraud, criminal tax violations, money laundering, environmental crimes, false claims act charges and mortgage fraud, as well as drug charges and other serious crimes. Her clients include, business executives and Fortune 500 Company executives, lawyers, doctors, medical professionals and medical equipment providers, professors, individuals involved in securities transactions, educators and students, corporations, non-profits and people from all walks of life who have been charged or investigated by the government.
As a former enforcement attorney with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission, Ms. Lefeber knows how to prepare the best defense and leaves no stone unturned in fighting for her clients’ constitutional rights at every stage of the case. She has won numerous acquittals in federal court because of her unique approach and strategy. She has a reputation for achieving the best results and personally handles every case from start to finish. She prides herself on her intense preparation, her strong courtroom presence and her vast knowledge of federal criminal law. She works tirelessly for her clients and is always accessible to them.
Over thirty years of practicing federal criminal law, Ms. Lefeber has developed trust and respect amongst prosecutors, Judges and the criminal bar. These relationships enable her to navigate through the difficult path of a federal criminal case to achieve the best results for her clients.
Ms. Lefeber is experienced in defending cases under investigation by numerous agencies, including:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- United States Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- United States Postal Inspection Service (USPS)
- Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Office of the Attorney General of Pennsylvania
Ms. Lefeber has published multiple legal articles, lectures on federal criminal law, and has offered her insight on television news programs.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law, J.D. – Camden, New Jersey, 1979
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A. Honors Economics, Magna Cum Laude – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1976
Honors and Associations
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorney in Pennsylvania, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers
- Federal Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- United States District Court, Historical Society
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1979
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1979